While many of you are talking smack about “putting 2013 [shit] behind you”, Some of us are – and will STILL be – carrying 2013 shit into year 2014! Some of us are still dealing with 2013 – and perhaps the same shit from the year – or years before, up to and including the very last fuckin’ day and hour of the current goddamn year. So fuck you and your sense of a positive outlook for 2014! Now, don’t get me wrong; it’s all well and good that you have such sweet expectations for the new year; fuck, nearly everyone seems to catch that new year fever – each and Christmas/X-Mas holiday season. That new year fever reaches its peak in the waning days of each December. To that, I say; Keep those damn new year germs to yourself!
You see, the rest of us more reality type folks will still have to continue to take one muthafuckin’ day at a time in dealing with our respective issues/problems and concerns – regardless of the change in the number of the year. We can only do what we can – as we can and are realistically able, to find and/or create certain satisfactions or achieve that sense of relief to our respective issues and problems. If you think this message is negative, you’re free to take it as such. If you are a regular reader of this blog then you already know that I don’t give a flyin’ fuck whether anyone thinks I’m being positive or negative in the content of anything I write here. In America, everyone is free to write or start their own blog. Take it for action and good luck with that. Meanwhile, and in the here and now, many of my readers know damn well that what I’m spittin’ in this article is the truth! No matter how it may sound or appear, I speak from reality as I see it and as I know it to be. While I can certainly tell a good story, when it comes to the real world, I tend to save fantasy for the non-fiction, comic book and science fiction writers! Most readers of this article fully understand what I’m saying and won’t take my words as being negative or positive because they know that it is all a matter of personal perception.
There are people – good people, who will be carrying their issues/problems and concerns of the year 2013 – and those from the year before or of past years, well into year 2014. Such problems do not magically go away with some damn “New Year’s resolution!” There are people who still have to deal with a host of shit come January and well into – if not beyond, year 2014. We cannot ignore the fact that someone, perhaps a neighbor or someone close to us, just might be recovering from, putting the final closure on or perhaps finally accepting things such as: a breakup in a long-term relationship, a divorce, death of a loved one, loss of a home or job, a relapse with some addiction, a pending trial or incarceration – particularly for a crime they didn’t commit, or news of some dreadful, awful disease they contracted or which has begun to manifest itself. You just never know what a person is going through! The only thing people in those situations have is hope… for a better and less painful day each and every time they wake up. However sometimes, even hope is not enough. People need more – and many of them deserve more and deserve better! Often a kind word that is written or spoken or better yet, a personal visit is all that is needed – particularly if it is done more than once a month or a few times throughout the year if possible. An offer to help – and actually helping is also always appreciated! It is enough that people have a certain sense of mental and spiritual (not religious!) strength and reassurance to keep going and a desire to keep on living as they seek to overcome each and every obstacle in their lives. It is enough that sometimes people must try hard to believe that they will survive as they try hard to not give up their fight while dealing with their problems and concerns.
While I use the word “they” in this article, I am in fact, speaking of each of US! Each one of US has issues/problems and concerns. We might hide them from others but we can’t hide them from ourselves or that person we see in the mirror – if we just stare long enough in the eyes of that reflection! Keep in mind that certain problems which may seem trivial to you may be the most important concern in the life of someone else. Do not dismiss that so easily until you have lived that particular person’s life! Do not ever tell someone how they should feel or how not to feel – particularly if you don’t know that person well or have never experienced the same problems and concerns – and have conquered them! No one has the power to simply direct or control the feelings and emotions of another person. You can however, have an affect on how one feels with certain words you use, in how you use such words, in the tone of your voice and/or with your body language. Do not ever tell someone who shares a problem with you to “man up”, “woman up” or to “get over it”! That’s disrespecting who that person is as an intelligent and civilized human being; one with FEELINGS, EMOTIONS and a CONSCIENCE. You don’t get the right to say such things. As I just mentioned, unless you know that person very well …or have some intention of losing a friend and/or possibly making an enemy, I suggest taking good care in what and how you say certain things where that person is concerned! Personally, if anyone were to say those sorts of things to me, they’d lose a friend and gain an enemy in less than a heartbeat!
With that said, I will further add that you save your empty “I’ll pray for you” bullshit and other weak-ass, do-nothing sentiments. They don’t do a damn thing to help or console anyone, especially the “I’ll pray for you” sentiment. In my view, prayers are just another way of thinking to one’s self the things one would say to some supreme being believed to have power to change or help that person’s situation or which that person would like see happen towards the dismay of someone else.
Click Praying for 2014 – Not! to read the article that explains my feelings about prayer.
Speaking for those of US who are dealing with issues and matters that hit us this year, and/or which were carried over from last year (2012) and perhaps years prior, I say…don’t be so quick to give thoughtless empty sentiments and offers to pray for someone unless you are prepared to back up or support such sentimental word up with some meaningful and tangible action and unless you are…
- willing to give us a decent paying job – one with benefits and affordable medical, dental and vision care;
- willing to come to our homes and care for our kids overnight – while we go work some six to eight-hour overnight shift at some part-time job that pays next to nothing;
- willing to give, not loan us the money needed to help pay – our rent or mortgage or perhaps a utility bill for the month;
- willing to loan us that working second or third car – that’s just sitting unused in your garage so that we don’t have to stand in the cold and wetness of winter waiting to catch a bus to get to work and back home;
- willing to help pay for our bills to creditors – whom we once were successfully paying on our own but due to loss of job or reduction in income, we now can no longer pay;
- willing to bring us and/or our family, a cooked meal – and to SIT and DINE with us and understand the fact that we want to be treated with dignity and respect, too! Do not merely drop a meal or a check in front of our door and walk away. While appreciated, there is little to no dignity or respect found in such “parting gifts”. And if you are as “Christian” as you say and would have people see and believe, then you’ll remember that Jesus himself dined with people considered the worse of the worse in his society. Nowhere in the biblical New Testament will you find that Jesus partied with the wealthiest people or that he dropped off some food or charity blessing and walked away.
- Finally, stop looking down on and judging those of us who have never had a taste of the “good life” – such the homeless and destitute in your city and throughout our country and around the world. You don’t know our story. Stop looking down on and judging those of us who, once a upon a time, DID have a means to live a reasonably comfortable life, obey the law, paid our taxes and who were once content financially until now – due to hardships – such as an unexpected layoffs or loss of a job, an unexpected change in personal or family member’s health/medical situation or in our family functioning. Whether our situation is temporary or permanent, the fact is, as of RIGHT NOW, we can no longer have and enjoy the life in which many of you reading this tend to take for granted. Try to remember that while most of us wouldn’t wish our respective plight upon our worst enemy, our situation could very well happen to YOU someday. Count your blessings, quit bitching about and over bullshit matters, then count your blessings again!!
Keep all of this in mind as each of you prepare to party out year 2013. Keep all of this in mind as you make those empty resolutions and tell yourself – and a host of other nosy people who just want to know your business but couldn’t care less about what you do with your life – the many lies on what it is you “resolve to do” in year 2014. However, since many of you have already made new year’s resolutions – with a “promise” to yourself to “stick to it this time”, then you won’t mind some advice on how to succeed in keeping those resolutions. Here it is:
The BEST way to begin or take on any new venture, at any given time – not just at the start of some new year, is to start or take that venture a small bit at a time. No man can easily and instantly stick a dry dick into a dry pussy. Lubrication, time and a little patience has to be applied or the entire effort and the first, second or third attempt will be a fuckin’ waste of your time – which usually results in you wanting to give up that particular venture!
In addition to hoping that each of our respective personal issues get resolved quickly, efficiently and effectively, my only other desire for 2014 is that we each continue to have and maintain good health and a sense of humor about certain things in this life; and that we each get to meet more loyal, honest, respectable, non-judgmental, kind, caring, loving and “down-to-earth” people; and that we each are willing and able to dump or avoid all the fake, fickle and fraudulent people who plague our lives. Only then – and each day that follows in which we are blessed to live, will we have a sense that life for each of us will get better, be more meaningful and happier as we get older.
See? That’s not asking for much!
Have a safe, sexy, healthy and happy fuckin’ 2014!